Pirate Pals is a partnership between the Peninsula College Women’s Basketball team and youth female basketball players from around the Peninsula. The Pirate women work three days a week with young players to help them develop their skills and become better athletes, better competitors, and better people. Participants receive individualized attention and work in small groups to help build skills and comradery with the Pirate Women’s basketball team.
Over the course of the season, the Pirate players become mentors to the youth in the community, elevating their basketball talent, but more importantly building relationships between aspiring basketball players and our current Pirate student-athletes. Pirate Pals receive free admission to women’s basketball games, have free access to the player’s locker room after games for post-game debriefing, and help introduce the Pirate starting lineup at home games which includes forming a tunnel and standing with the team during the national anthem.
The Women’s program is dedicated to integrating the Pirate Pals into the Peninsula Pirate Athletic family. The youth players support our athletes and the athletes support them. These relationships are important to the Pirate Program and are at the center of the Pirate Pal mission.
Interested in becoming a Pirate Pal?
In addition to the following steps, you will need to purchase an additional membership to the AAU (Amateur Athletic Union). Please contact Coach Mile Knowles at (360) 808-3072 for questions or more information.
- Sign up for an AAU Membership, please have your membership# available when filling out the Pirate Pal Registration form.
- Fill out the Pirate Pal Online Registration and Permission Form
- Purchase a 5 session Pirate Pals Punch card (Cost $75.00)
- Contact the Pirate Pals Scheduler Joe Marvel at (360) 460-4746 to reserve your session date and time.
- Become an important part of the Peninsula College Pirate Basketball family and have fun!
- Participants must have their card present at each session. Pirate Pals is not a drop in program.
- Punches must be used during the Academic year they are purchased and unused punches are non-refundable.